Type of Drugs Available for Testing
There are many other drugs that can be tested than listed on the site. Please call to find out if you need a specific test that you cannot find on the site. We probably can perform the test for you.
Prescription & Narcotic Drug Testing
- These tests determine if there is any abuse of prescription or narcotic drugs.
- Test samples are taken from one or more bodily functions or sites: urine, blood, saliva, hair, and nail.
- The most common and cost-efficient test for this purpose is the 10 – 12-Panel lab-based test, which gives results within one to three days.
- Prescription drugs can cause health threats when taken without a prescription, for uses other than that prescribed, or in amounts beyond the prescribed dosage.
- Narcotic drugs include all forms of Opiates/Opioids.
Opiate/Opioid Drug Test
Opiates and opioids are both narcotics.
- Opiates are naturally derived from poppies and include opium, morphine, and codeine.
- Opioids are synthetic versions of opiates and include:
- Opiates and opioids are highly addictive and pose several known health risks.
- Indicators of opiate/opioid use are subtle, and employers may not recognize that someone is on opiates.
- Detection requires more comprehensive testing than that provided by a standard 5-panel test.
- Drug usage is an epidemic, and a quick diagnosis can save lives.
SmarTest Labs, provides all the comprehensive testing services necessary to detect and prove the presence of these drugs. Our commitment to confidentiality and adherence to regulatory controls allow leaders to manage their drug use and abuse concerns proactively.
Heroin Drug Test
Heroin is a federally mandated Schedule 1 drug, is highly addictive and causes several serious side effects.
- Hair follicles are the best sample for this test because they contain drug use evidence going back three months.
- Other sample options can only test back as far as 48 hours.
- The type of tests that can be done are urine, nail and saliva / oral drug tests.
Marijuana Drug Test
- Marijuana is tested using urine, blood, saliva, hair, nail, and sweat/skin patches.
- The most common detection method for marijuana is a urine test because it catches evidence of substances ingested over a period of several weeks.
- Testing from blood or saliva captures proof of drug use only within one to two days.
- Hair samples can track usage back over 90 days.
- Nails will provide results as far back as six months
- Sweat and skin patch allows for continuous monitoring, making them optimal for use in court cases.
Cocaine Drug Test
Cocaine tests can determine the frequency and dosage of cocaine usage.
- A single-use test uses a saliva sample.
- High-frequency usage and dosages can be tested using hair and nail samples.
- Urine and saliva also provide evidence of the frequency of cocaine usage.
Methamphetamine Drug Test
Similar to heroin, methamphetamines are highly addictive and cause several adverse health responses.
- A urine test for this drug detects usage within the previous 48 hours.
- Hair samples can determine use as far back as 90 days.
- Saliva samples determine usage within one to 24 hours.