Mobile / On-site Testing
Mobile Testing for drug, alcohol & DNA testing helps create a level of convenience for employers, individuals and families in random testing situations and legal and immigration requirements. Many companies must conduct random testing in order to comply with mandated regulations and demonstrate that they have conducted these tests within the parameters of the requirements.
Individuals, legal and immigration organizations, test for DNA which can also be done on site for example at airports for immigration, individual residences, lawyers offices, medical offices and other setting requiring DNA testing. DNA and immigration testing is done to determine various factors such as paternity, Forensic, potential of disease carried through genetic links and establishing ancestry.
Studies have shown some of the reasons why individuals conduct DNA testing are very personal. Here are some of the ‘key’ reasons.
- Disease Management – The world today is filled with diseases, and many of them are genetic diseases. Studies reveal that more than 6000 diseases can be determined by taking a DNA test. Some of the DNA tests can diagnose or manage the risks of the diseases early.The world today is filled with many genetic diseases. DNA testing enables the discovery of diseases and enhancing the ability to diagnose diseases early. People who are planning to be parents are advised to take DNA tests to determine if they are carriers of genes that might result in certain conditions and if the genes are present in other family members. The results of the DNA tests could affect the decision of the couple on whether they should consider bearing biological children or consider adoption. Also, the DNA test is essential for women who want fertility treatments. DNA tests are increasingly becoming accessible and affordable. Ancestry DNA tests helps you to understand your genetic makeup and the potential of disease exposure.
- Forensic – DNA tests uniquely identify a person and are very accurate in determining individuals. DNA testing is a better and more effective way of identifying criminals. DNA from blood, skin, and hair are matched with the DNA of the suspects in rape and murder cases. Therefore, DNA tests can prove an individual’s innocence in a criminal case.
- Genetic Markers – People who are planning to be parents are advised to take DNA tests to determine if they are carriers of genes that might result in certain conditions and if the genes are present in other family members. The results of the DNA tests could affect the decision of the couple on whether they should consider bearing biological children or consider adoption. Also, the DNA test is essential for women who want fertility treatments.One of the most significant areas of DNA research is medical research and genetics. DNA testing enables the discovery of diseases and enhancing the ability to diagnose diseases early.
- Ancestry DNA – An ancestry DNA test enables people to discover their ethnic origins close to 1000 years back. The results of the test give you an estimate of the origin that your DNA matches up with so that you are sure of your ethnicity or background. The test allows you to find links to your past and connect with your ancestors.
- Paternity DNA – One of the primary reasons people take up DNA tests is to establish paternity. A DNA test enables fathers to be sure that they are the biological father of the child when they are not sure about it. DNA testing is important in establishing paternity for child support requests.
- Immigration – DNA testing in immigration is useful for children, parents, grandparents and other relative who are planning to migrate and need proof that they are related to the families that they say they are related to. This is very helpful in determining family relationships for legal and judicial purposes.
Drug & Alcohol Testing
Drug and alcohol testing is critical in certain service industries like trucking companies, public services, delivery services. Many companies are also becoming more concerned with the safety of their employees and have decided to conduct random drug testing in order to avoid on site issues. The risk of alcohol and drug related incidents can cause injury, liability and financial impacts to a business.These situations are an indicator for more convenient on site lab testing services to manage these risks. SmarTest Labs can support this model.
The loss to companies in the United States due to alcohol and drug-related abuse by employees totals $100 billion a year, according to the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI). These staggering numbers do not include the cost of diverting company resources, that could be used for other purposes, toward addressing substance abuse issues. Nor does it include the “pain and suffering” aspects, which cannot be measured in economic terms – (NCADI).
Some of the tests that are offered are as follows: (call for any additional services)
- Drug and Alcohol Testing: Pre-employment, Random Screening, Post-Accident, Suspicion
- DOT Testing
- Nicotine/Cotinine Testing
- Specimens Used include: Urine, Hair, Nails, Saliva, and Breath alcohol testing.
According to NCADI statistics, alcohol and drug users:
- Are far less productive.
- Use three times as many sick days.
- Are more likely to injure themselves or someone else.
- Are five times more likely to file a worker’s compensation claim
NCADI statistics show that nine percent of heavy drinkers and 10 percent of drug users had missed work because of a hangover, six percent had gone to work high or drunk in the past year, and 11 percent of heavy drinkers and 18 percent of drug users had skipped work in the past month.
When the issue of workplace substance abuse is addressed by establishing comprehensive programs, it is a “win-win” situation for both employers and employees, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
A study of the economic impact of substance abuse treatment in Ohio found significant improvements in job-related performance:
- 91% decrease in absenteeism
- 88% decrease in problems with supervisors
- 93% decrease in mistakes in work
- 97% decrease in on-the-job injuries
Industry standard drug testing is normally done within a lab setting with all the required controls and chain of custody. However, many organizations that have a higher volume of employees to be tested, it is financially more feasible to have the lab come to you. On-site drug testing is becoming more preferable for employers. This approach saves time and is financially more beneficial to an organization.
It is beneficial to consider on-site / mobile testing if an employer has a number of employees to be tested in both drug and alcohol testing.
Schools and Academic Institutions
SmarTest Labs, provides lab based services to schools, universities, healthcare students, administrative staff at schools and other medical staff and training institutions. Student testing will include parents involvement creating complete support and transparency in the testing process. Some examples of the tests included would be MMR vaccines, Hepatitis A,B & C, Cotinine and nicotine tests, Mononucleosis and other tests as requested.
SmarTest labs will provide support for on site testing for these organizations. Please contact us for assistance with services.